Next Race: 13/10/2024
Central Park, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0FQ.
Brilliant, had a great day, thankyou!
Well organised, friendly atmosphere.
It would be nice to have some spectators on last 5 k as it feels bit lonely and it's hard to find motivation. I guess it might be impossible. Personally I would like more water in a cups than there was, at the end I ended up taking 2 cups.
Lovely event great route & scenic well organised & friendly marshals
Would definitely recommend for a worthwhile charity as well will most likely do it again in 2025 .
Emails questions were replied to very promptly
Great support around the course
Good start and finish. The course was often too narrow and having to avoid being run over by cars was not fun
The start was chaotic and there was no proper sorting of runners in start pens. With half and full starting together, it was way too crowded. Got really boxed in behind slow half marathon runners for first few miles.
No portaloos on the course after one early on.
No vegetarian food carts (at least by the time I finished)
Lovely course glad I did it but for a first marathon not ideal as the hills do make it a challenge. I would make it clear in description that this isn’t really for a begginers and try the half first.
Brilliant as usual
Very much liked the modified course. Good to get out of town straight away.
It was a very popular event with lots of participants. Seemed a little chaotic due to the 2 distances heading off at the same time.
I think the half marathons should go off slightly later.
The refreshments were good and the medal givers were marvellous well done to them.
Needs more loos
Good event, made average by a few minor ish points
1. Picking up T-shirts before the event lead to delays to the start and chaos. Also running out of larger sizes is irritating.
2. More loos - on the course, seemed to be no rhyme or reason to then, and lead again to delays for some at some checkpoints.
3. Volunteers were fab, a few of the smaller roads were difficult for those at peak arrival times with cars, including spectators cars swueezing through narrow roads. More closed roads?
Friendly marshals scenic course
Nice race with good support.
My one criticism is that the baggage tent for the marathon runners was left unattended. Very worrying.
Scenic, challenging but rewarding and low stress marathon
A nice run and great event.
It’s for a very good cause and a great race put on by nice work. I will run again but would do the marathon instead of the half marathon more of a challenge
Beautiful route, friendly fun atmosphere!
Loved this half marathon, would do it again and recommend to others.
Great atmosphere, well organised
A lot of disposable plastic cups used. I think most got collected, but maybe even better if you had a load of reusable cups ?
Didn't like the change to course for 2023
Have done Chelmsford marathon for last 3 years in a row and didn't like this years change of course, I won't be returning.
Great introduction to road marathons
A fast, flattish course known for its PB (personal best) potential.
Well marked and marshalled but tough hilly course not for beginners.
I didn’t receive an email or notification of my official race result, the first race I have not received a congratulations email for finishing, just got the email for 5 photos all the same photos at the finish!
Missed the warm up as sound was buried the other side of the trees from the main event village. Couldn’t find the pacers at the start, ended up going to fast at start and seeing pacers run past in a hurry to catch up their pace and couldn’t keep up with them.
Overall, poor organisation
1) Race instructor was too quiet at race start - couldn’t hear a word they were saying.
2) Offered iTab race time medal for £8 but then never explained how or when this would be delivered. I still have no idea.
3) T-shirts collection that we had paid for wasn’t clearly sign posted on race day.
4) Race was delayed due to toilet queues.
5) Partners selling photos have taken my money but not sent photos - partner up with businesses that know what they’re doing.