Location: Doddington Place Gardens, Church La, Sittingbourne ME9 0BB Date: Saturday 1st May 2021 Time: 09:00
Please note the date of this event has changed from February to the 1st May 2021 due to the recent lockdown
We are delighted to announce a brand NEW race at the stunning Doddington Place Gardens, near Faversham in Kent – The Doddington Place Gardens 10k & 5k race is on Saturday 1st May 2021.
Doddington Place Gardens is a stunning Edwardian Estate and has featured in movies, tv shows, and other media publications. The finish-line is not one to be missed - taking you along the long driveway to the gates of the stately home.
This stunning venue is a self-contained course and is the ideal venue for a Covid-safe event. There is plenty of parking on-site and the secure, traffic-free, undulating route uses the trails surrounding the estate. The 10k is two loops and 5k runners will do one lap. The route is mostly on trail and is a perfect race for all those looking for a Spring Challenge!
We are also pleased to announce we will be offering a Canicross option for those who wish to run with their 4 legged friends. We even will have some special treats available for pooches at the finish!
All finishers will receive a bespoke medal. There will be trophies awarded to the leading runners and age category winners. There will also be prizes for leading runners in the Canicross events.
We will be hosting two starts, a morning race and another in the afternoon:
Morning event – 9am to 10.30am
Afternoon event – 12.00 to 1.30pm
Canicross entries will be starting from 1.00 pm.
The race will be held under the new Covid -Safe Guidelines, which have proved popular with runners as we still manage to retain all the buzz of a physical race. We have successfully developed a number of new procedures which are designed to ensure our races will be Covid-secure and ensure the safety of our runners, staff and the general public.
Covid Safety Measures on Race Day:
The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. The morning race will be from 9.00am through to 10.30am. The afternoon race will commence in waves from 12.00 pm to 1.30 pm. A maximum of twelve people will be able to begin the race in each slot – and each of those people will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 as outlined by the NHS or have been unwell in the last 14 days please do not travel to the event and email us and we can let you know deferral options available. Current NHS advice on coronavirus/Covid-19 can be found here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-Covid-19/
Entering the event
If you have entered the race in good time, your race number will be sent to you in the post.
If you have entered the race close to the race date, you will need to collect your race number on the morning of the event. If you proceed to the registration table, a race official will write down your name and advise you of your race number – and you will be asked to sanitise your hands and, if you wish, put on gloves, before collecting your number from a storage box on the desk. Please remember to social distance from the race official and anybody else who is collecting a number. A race official will manage any queues to ensure everybody remains socially distanced.
Please note that you will not be able to enter on the day due to the new guidelines. Entries are available online until midnight the night before the event.
Race numbers must be worn on the front of your shirt and not on your legs or back. If you do so you may not receive an accurate time. Make sure you do not damage the chip. Please make sure you complete the medical information on the reverse of your number. Remember race numbers are non-transferable. This is particularly imperative at this time as it is now more important than ever that we know who is taking part in the event.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. As mentioned previously, the first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots, beginning at 9.00am and remaining available until the final slot at 10.30am. The afternoon race will commence in waves from 12.00 pm to 1.30 pm. A maximum of twelve people will be able to begin the race in each slot – and each of those people will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be water stations on the course. Please consider bringing your own water with you, you will be able to fill up your own bottle at the water stations.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants on Monday 15th February. Race medals will be located at the finish line. Race winners and age group winners will receive a memento in the post after the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available. Please be aware that there will be other visitors on the promenade on that day so please maintain your own social distance.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct. Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
The route will be a lapped 5k route with 10k runners completing two laps. The route will start close to the main drive before taking you in front of the house and throughout the Park estate. You will then cross over the road at the bottom of the main Park and make your way onto the fields to the South of the estate. You will then return to Doddington Gardens and finish along the main drive. 10k Runners will continue in front of the house to start their second laps.
A route map will be available shortly.
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day and the course will be marshalled to provide assistance. There will also be a sweep runner following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
Doddington Place is situated just 10 minutes from the A20 and A2.
Closest train Station is Faversham with regular trains to and from London Victoria and also from London St. Pancras.
Doddington Place Gardens
Doddington Nr Sittingbourne