Location: Oundle Primary School, Cotterstock Lane, Oundle, Northamptonshire, PE8 5HA
Date: Friday 31st December 2021
This race will have new Covid safety measures in place and therefore please note the changes below.
Start line opens – 08.00 am
Start line closes – 10.00am
We are delighted to announce that the Oundle New Year 10k & 5k will go ahead on Sunday 10th January 2021 (pending final Council approval) under the new Covid -Safe Guidelines.
This popular event returns for a third year to the historic market town of Oundle for the popular New year race! The race is ideal for those new to running or anyone looking to get the New Year off to a flying start. The route follows a scenic course around the gently undulating wide, quiet country lanes in and around the pretty Northamptonshire villages surrounding Oundle.
There will be a high quality bespoke medal - plus prizes for leading runners and age group winners.
We are grateful to Oundle Primary School for their assistance in staging this race.
Entering the event
If you have entered the race in good time, your race number will be sent to you in the post. A full set of race instructions will be sent to you prior to the event.
If you have entered the race close to the race date, you will need to collect your race number on the day of the event. If you proceed to the registration table, a race official will write down your name and advise you of your race number – and you will be asked to sanitise your hands and, if you wish, put on gloves, before collecting your number from a storage box on the desk. Please remember to social distance from the race official and anybody else who is collecting a number. A race official will manage any queues to ensure everybody remains socially distanced.
Please note that you will not be able to enter on the day due to the new guidelines. Entries are available online until midnight before the event.
Race Covid-safety measures:
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots, beginning at 8.00am and remaining available until the final slot at 10.00am. A maximum of twelve people will be able to begin the race in each slot – and each of those people will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.